TERMS AND POLICIES
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
The following are the Conditions of Contract as they appear on the Passenger Ticket and Baggage Check.
If the passenger's journey involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure the Warsaw Convention governs and in most cases limits the liability of carriers for death or personal injury and in respect of loss of or damage to baggage. See also notice beaded "Advice to International Passengers on Limitation of Liability."
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
- As used in this contract "ticket" means this passenger ticket and baggage check, of which these conditions and notices form part, "carriage" is equivalent to "transportation", "Carrier" means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his/her baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage.
- "WARSAW CONVENTION" means the Convention for the unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw, 12th October, 1929, or that Convention as amended at the Hague, 28th September, 1955 whichever may be applicable.
- Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention unless such carriage is not "International Carriage" as defined by the Convention.
- To the extend not in conflict with the foregoing carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject (1) provisions contained in this ticket, (ii) applicable tariffs, (iii) carrier's conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of carrier), except in transportation between a place in the United States or Canada and any place outside thereof to which tariffs in force in those countries apply.
- Carrier's name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier's tariffs, conditions of carriage, regulations or timetables; carrier's address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of carrier's name in the ticket; the agreed stopping place are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in carrier's timetables as scheduled stopping places on the passenger's route; carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
- An Air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its agent.
- Any exclusion limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents, servants and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives.
- Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of the baggage check. In Case of damage to baggage moving international transportation, complaint must be made in writing to carrier forthwith after discovery of damage and, at the latest, within 7 days from receipt; in case of delay, complaint must be made within 21 days from date of the baggage was delivered. See Tariffs or conditions of carriage regarding non-international transportation.
- The validity of this ticket will be based on the fare basis on ticket and will be a maximum of 90 days validity from date of ticket issue.
- Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to changes without notice. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections.
- Passenger shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and are required to arrive to check –in at least 1 hour before the scheduled departure time. In the events that passengers do not comply with their departure requirements, all seat assignments (including those for seats on continuing and return flights) may be cancelled without any liabilities to Gum Air N.V.
No Agent, servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.
- Next >>